| Part time, Days/ PMs, weekends as needed, 20 hrs. / week |
This is Caring.
Take pride in where you work and what you do. Join the best of the best, at Northwest Community Healthcare (NCH)!
Northwest Community Healthcare is known for compassionate care and its convenient location. But it’s our advanced technologies, clinical expertise and state-of-the-art facilities that offer the latest treatments and assure the care, comfort and safety of our patients and the community.
Reporting to the Manager of the Sleep Disorders Center, the Lead Polysomnographic Technologist utilizes clinical expertise to perform a variety of sleep center duties including general to advanced testing, scoring and clinical assessment procedures for adult and pediatric patients. Coordinates department scoring, quality assurance data collection, and other daily processes including a variety of duties to support the operations of the department.
1. Accurately scores all types of sleep studies according to current guidelines; generates sleep reports summarizing sleep/wake periods, REM episodes, arousal analysis, EEG phenomena, cardiac events, respiratory events, and limb movements. Correlates respiratory and neurological events. Tabulates and generates comprehensive sleep study reports for all adult and pediatric testing procedures.
2. Coordinates the departments daily scoring assignments, completion and report generation ensuring all scoring is performed accurately per departmental turnaround time and scoring ratio standards.
3. Performs general and advanced polysomnographic therapeutic procedures for adult and pediatric patients in the area of sleep medicine; recognizes and responds appropriately to patient’s medical problems and physiological events, especially cardiac dysrhythmias, respiratory events, seizures, and arousals. Identifies indications, contraindications, and adverse effects of continuous, bi-level, auto servo ventilation (ASV) and auto variable pressure support (AVAPS™) positive airway pressure therapies and oxygen administration; applies and titrates therapy following established protocols. Performs daytime testing procedures including advanced diagnostic testing and assessments including Multiple Sleep Latency Tests (MSLT), Maintenance of Wakefullness Tests (MWT), Positive Airway Pressure (PAP) acclimations, mask fittings, pediatric site visits and testing procedure orientations; sets up and downloads overnight oximetry and portable apnea monitors.
4. Assists manager in daily chart QA and documentation reviews, providing assessments of each testing procedure performed and scored within the department.
5. Performs daily pasteurization and restocking of positive airway pressure equipment per department policy.
6. Performs various general and clerical duties within the department and assists with telephone coverage and patient scheduling as needed throughout shift.
7. Orders and maintains all departmental supplies including technical, patient care, office and dietary supplies. Sets up and troubleshoots all clinical and digital recording equipment.
8. Provides shift coverage for late sleeping patients, alternate testing schedules, sleep technologist shifts, administrative assistant shifts and overnight testing procedures as necessary.
9. Performs advanced clinical assessments, mask and positive airway pressure acclimations, pre-testing site visits, and implements appropriate follow up care plans for adult and pediatric patients, under the direction of manager and medical director, after general testing is performed and treatment for their sleep disorder is initiated. Works with non-compliant patients and their physician to reassess, reeducate and implement follow up care plans and changes to current therapy including, but not limited to, mask type, humidity settings, therapy type, pressure settings, etc. to get the patient acclimated to therapy.
10. Assists manager with coordination and rollout of staff (clinical and non-clinical) training, departmental education plans, data collection and reporting, community education events and physician marketing initiatives.