Providence is calling a full time, day shift EEG Technologist to Providence Little Company of Mary Medical Center Torrance in Torrance, CA.
In this position you will:
- The EEG Technologist (Non-Certified) in conjunction with the Cardiology supervisor, Cardiovascular manager, Medical Directors, and hospital administration, and in accordance with Federal, State and local regulatory agencies.
- Performs standard and complex Electroencephalographic and Evoked Potential recordings as directed, according to established standards and procedures, and performs non-invasive cardiovascular exams (EKGs, holters, treadmill hookup) for use in the diagnosis of cardiovascular disease at Little Company of Mary Hospital (LCMH).
- This position requires some patient care duties and must be able to treat all age ranges from neonates to geriatrics.
Required qualifications for this position include:
- Current Basic Life Support ( BLS ) certification for Healthcare Providers from the American Heart Association.
- Must possess clinical expertise in Cardio/Neuro diagnostics care and excellent interpersonal skills.
- Knowledge of basic medical terminology and abbreviations.
- Ability to fluently speak, read, write and understand the English language.
- Experience with computer entry and word processing.
- Ability to develop and organize filing systems. Must be able to accurately alphabetize and numerically file.
- Ability to accurately complete assigned tasks, must be detail oriented, and able to organize work and prioritize assignments.
- Prior knowledge of EEG, evoked-potentials, and their computer assisted analysis
- Prior knowledge of non-invasive cardiovascular exams ( EKGs, holters, treadmill hookup )
Preferred qualifications for this position include:
- Prefer at least 6 months experience in a health care setting.
About the hospital you will serve.
Providence Little Company of Mary Medical Center Torrance is a 436-bed non-profit hospital that has served the greater South Bay communities of Los Angeles since 1960. We have a reputation for clinical excellence and sophisticated technology while providing care with a personal, healing touch. In addition to the finest general medical, surgical and critical care services, we offer a number of specialty programs including Cardiovascular Services, Women's and Children's Health, Oncology, and Emergency Care. We are proud to be named one of the Top 50 U.S. Hospitals for Heart Care by Thomson Reuters, the only community hospital in California to receive this honor. We were one of five hospitals in the United States recognized by American Hospital Association-McKesson for leadership and innovation in quality improvement. We received The Choice Award by AAHCP for Outstanding Customer Service Delivery, and were one of 24 hospitals and health systems in the nation to receive the Premier Award for Quality by the Premier healthcare alliance. As a member of Providence Health & Services, a Catholic-sponsored healthcare ministry, we believe strongly in respecting the dignity of each person, and give special concern to the most vulnerable members of our community.
We offer a full comprehensive range of benefits - see our website for details
As people of Providence, we reveal God's love for all, especially the poor and vulnerable, through our compassionate service.
Providence Health & Services is the third largest not-for-profit health system in the United States. Providence employs more than 82,000 caregivers (employees) across a five-state area; AK, WA, MT, OR, and CA. Our facilities include 34 hospitals, 600 physician clinics, senior services, supportive housing and other health and educational services. Providence is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. Providence does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, disability, veteran, military status, religion, age, creed, national origin, sexual identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital status, genetic information, or any other basis prohibited by local, state, or federal law.
Job Category: Sleep Lab/EEG
Req ID: 149165