Swedish Health Services is looking for a Patient Services Coordinator II, Licensed MA\-C \(1\.0 FTE, Days\) to work in the Sleep Clinic at Swedish in Seattle, WA\.
The Patient Services Coordinator II, Licensed MA\-C is responsible for scheduling of new patients, follow\-up clinic appointments, subsequent treatments, and requested diagnostic tests, acquiring of insurance verifications, referrals and authorizations, preparing and maintaining the patient's medical record, reconciling billing issues, answering multiple phone lines and triaging phone calls\.
In this position you will:
- Coordinate clinic schedule to determine physician and clinic RN availability for appointments
- Schedule outside clinic appointments, diagnostic tests, non\-invasive procedures, and surgical procedures
- Registers and consents patients, ensuring the completion of required forms, if necessary, at clinic site\. Collects insurance co\-pays as required by clinic site
- Completes initial prospectus on newly referred patients and distributes to the appropriate individuals
- Obtains pertinent records/films in preparation for first visit
Required qualifications for this position include:
- Graduate of certified medical assisting program
- Washington State Medical Assistant Certified or Medical Assistant Interim certification
- Current CPR certification or the ability to obtain within one month of hire
- One year related experience in medical field
- General experience regarding medical office paperwork; including billing, coding and medical terminology
- Knowledge of MS Word and Windows based applications
Preferred qualifications for this position include:
- Associate Degree or equivalent from a two\-year college or technical school with emphasis in Health Care
- Patient care skills including confidentiality, sterile technique, patient education abd informed consent procedures
About Swedish Shared Services
Swedish is the largest, most comprehensive, nonprofit health provider in the Greater Seattle area\. Our expanding network of facilities currently includes three hospital locations in Seattle, a hospital in Edmonds and the new Swedish Issaquah campus\. It also consists of Swedish Medical Group's network of primary care clinics, and affiliations with suburban hospitals and specialty clinics throughout Greater Seattle\.
Each campus has a local operations leadership team, supported by centrally located and led corporate services, such as Human Resources, Financial and Information Services\.
We offer a full comprehensive range of benefits — see our website for details
Our Non\-Profit Mission: Improve the health and well\-being of each person we serve\.
Since 1910, Swedish has been a hallmark of excellence\. Swedish has grown to become the largest non\-profit health provider in the Greater Seattle area with 11,000 employees, more than 2,800 physicians and 1,700 volunteers\. Swedish is committed to being the best place to receive care, and also the best place to work\. We reward our employees with generous compensation and benefits, individualized orientation, education and a supportive work environment\. Swedish is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer\. Swedish does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, disability, protected veteran, military status, religion, age, creed, national origin, gender identity, sexual orientation, marital status, genetic information, or any other basis prohibited by local, state, or federal law\.
Job Category: Medical Assistant
Req ID: 149989