Location: Meridian, Idaho
Come Join a team of hard working, compassionate, and experienced Polysom Tech - RRT Sleep Lab team at St. Luke's Health System in Meridian! We take to heart making a difference in our patients lives and strive each day to give them the best experience! Our team works together cohesively to accomplish the best care and provide a comfortable environment. St. Luke's has a rich culture and is a top 15 Health System nation wide! join the team that will help you grow your skills and achieve your goals!
- Functions independently, operating medical equipment, recording sleep/wake physiology and ensuring an accurate diagnostic procedure while continuously monitoring the patients safety and well-being.
- Calibrate and adjust sleep-monitoring equipment according to established protocols to ensure accuracy of test results and integrity of system.
- Correctly apply electrodes, sensors and other monitoring devices according established protocols and in a timely, stable manner.
- Monitor test data, adjustment of filters and sensitivities as required.
- Recognize sleep pathology with appropriate response and intervention.
- Recognize and appropriate respond to patients medical problems and physiological events, including but not limited to cardiac arrhythmia, respiratory events and seizures.
- Generate and prepare test reports summarizing sleep/wake periods, arousal analysis, EEG phenomena, cardiac events, respiratory events, limb movements and other physiological events according to current guidelines.
- Stage and score exams and gather all data for report.
- Assess patients symptoms and medical history, physicians orders.
- Serve as role model and mentor to non-registered technologists and trainees.
- Perform other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
- Education: RPSGT, CRT, RRT, or have graduated a minimum one year accredited sleep program and be eligible to sit for the BRPT exam
- Experience: 0 years experience
- Licenses/Certifications: Valid permit to provide polysomnography related respiratory care in state of employment. Registered Respiratory Therapist credentials by the National Board for Respiratory Care. Current CPR Healthcare Provider certification
Why St. Luke's
A strong, talented staff is at the heart of St. Luke's Health System. We are the state's largest employer with more than 15,000 employees and a medical staff of more than 1,800 physicians and advanced practice providers. We're proud of our people who deliver skilled, compassionate care every day, and are looking to add dedicated individuals who will continue this same tradition of excellence.
For more information, please contact Ryan at firstname.lastname@example.org
The city of Meridian is a suburb of Boise located approximately 10 miles from downtown Boise. Meridian is a premier place to live and work with just under 90,000 residents. This clean and attractive city is framed by mountains and has a pleasant mild, 4-season climate and excellent commerce. The city offers a wide selection of nearby recreational activities such as skiing, 130 miles of hiking trails and 25 miles of paths which link 850 acres of parks. Meridian offers premier shopping, dining and entertainment.
*St. Luke's is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate against any person on the basis of race, religion, color, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other status or condition protected by law.